Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 4

I think I’m understanding why I’m feeling overwhelmed here. Here is today’s agenda; Greek and Latin Root words-2 handouts, short response review on overhead, discuss mood, take notes on conflict and plot. They covered 5 concepts in 88 minutes. And they were not linked…at all. She just went from one to the next. I felt totally frazzled. This may work, and it may be a good way, it is not my way. I am a connections freak. I can’t help but see how this world is connected, it’s what I do. And it things are just thrown at me, my brain wants to put them in order, make them make sense in a larger context or it just throws them out. My teaching style is very different than my MT’s. But that’s part of why I wanted to come back here, I wanted a chance to learn about what doesn’t come easy for me.
Julie has complete control of her class, this is my weakness. I am too nice. She has these kids shaking in their boots. And while I will probably never be this, I have already learned a few basic techniques from her. For example, I cannot be afraid of silence.

No comments: